A leaking bathtub can be a disaster for the home, but it does not have to be. In this guide, you will learn how to fix your bathtub scrap replacement, and leaky tub and save yourself from the stress of having to call a plumber.
Image Source: Google
Fixing the Leak
If you're noticing a steady stream of water spilling from under your bathroom sink, your bathtub is likely leaking. Here are a few tips to help you fix the issue:
1. Check the bolts that hold the tub to the floor. If they're loose, tighten them using a wrench. If that doesn't solve the problem, replace the tub.
2. Check for cracks in the tub itself. If you find any, seal them using a caulk gun.
3. Look for areas where water is seeping out of the tub. Fix these by replacing or tightening caulking around the edges and along the joints where the porcelain meets metal.
4. Test the water pressure in your home by using a garden hose to fill up a bucket and place it next to the bathtub.
Tips for the Owner of a Leaking Bathtub
1. Use a plunger to clear any clogged drain
2. Check the faucet to see if it's corroded or broken. Replace the faulty part if necessary.
3. If the leak is coming from below the tub, use a bucket to catch the water and pour it into a pot for later disposal.
4. If the leak persists despite following these tips, call a professional to take care of it.
If you’re ever experiencing a constant drip from your bathtub, it might be time to call in the plumbers.